Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Fort Mill Fabulous!

I traveled up to Fort Mill, South Carolina this weekend for my nephew's high school graduation. I stayed, of course, with my brother and sister in-law, in their beautiful home full of eclectic flair. She, my sister in-law, was my inspiration for going into interior design. Take a look at the way she's decorated her home. These are only quick photos taken before my drive back--they do not even do her skill justice as they do in person!

--Laura

Semi-private walls in the guest bathroom allow for natural light to flow into the space and feed the plants.

Here's a shot of the spiral staircase leading to the third floor.



Photo of the front foyer where she mixed marble and granite to save on the flooring, but still achieved an elegant, tasteful look.


View into the open kitchen, where she filled glass front drawers with dried beans and rice.


Close up of the industrial strength faucet against subway tiled backsplash, which is surrounded by original white-washed cabinetry.


No comments:

Post a Comment